Our mission is to advance leading edge behavioral technologies making compassionate and effective treatments available to all persons with complex and severe mental disorders by:
- Transferring scientifically-validated behavioral treatments for mental disorders to the community by training mental health professionals to competence in effective treatments for complex and severe disorders;
- Developing reliable methods to evaluate and monitor mental health provider competence;
- Evaluating the cost-effectiveness of scientifically-validated mental health treatments when applied in community settings;
- Reducing burnout of persons working with the difficult-to-treat disordered individual;
- Enhancing collaborative interaction among treatment researchers to enhance the development of more effective treatments for neglected severe problems and complex disorders;
- Promoting supportive services to community advocates, family members, and employers concerned for those with complex and serious mental disorders;
- Educating the public in the value of scientifically valid treatments.